890ZV SOFC Test Load
The bench-top Model 890ZV consists of a programmable electronic load, fuel and temperature controls, and data acquisition functions. A built-in power source makes the 890ZV particularly well suited for small single-cell SOFC work for research, laboratory, and educational use.
The 890ZV is optimized for cost and size, and offers extra hardware features and Scribner Associates’ FuelCell® software.
The 890ZV is typically used with a SOFC fuel cell, a suitable furnace, and a fuel management unit. The 890 Series is supported by the Scribner 885 Integrated Fuel Cell Potentiostat.
- Electronic load with two current ranges: 5 / 25 A, 10 V, 50 W
- Ramping cell/furnace temperature control
- Control signals for two (2) main mass flow controllers plus five (5) additional mass flow controllers
- Continuous real-time cell resistance and IR-free voltage measurement by current interrupt
- Whole cell voltage plus two high-impedance reference electrode inputs for half-cell data
- Optional internal impedance analyzer for EIS and continuous real-time high frequency resistance (HFR)
- Cell main terminals and sense inputs tolerant of non-isolated cell
- Three (3) internal controllers for anode and cathode humidifier and cell temperatures
- Current, voltage or power control mode
- Contact inputs for three pressure sensors or alarms
- Low voltage output signal to control purge gas valves and to indicate alarm condition
- RS485 digital interface for supported external devices
- The 890ZV requires a custom or third-party fuel management unit to make a complete test station.
- Safety features include detection of alarm conditions and automatic hardware shutdown for safe, reliable operation
|885 PStat Potentiostat||Fuel Cell Potentionstat|
|881 Frequency Resistance Analyzer (FRA)||FRA for High Frequency Resistance (HFR) in impedance measurement from 1 mHz to 10 kHz|
|892e Data Acquisition Expansion System||Additional 8 voltage and 8 temperature inputs|
|Interface Box||An interface box may be purchased for non-integrated fuel system designs|
|Gas Mixing||Gas mixing for reformate simulation or impurities/poisons studies|