PalmSens3, is a USB and battery powered potentiostat, galvanostat, and optional a Frequency Response Analyser (FRA) for Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy (EIS). The PalmSens3 has a large potential (-5 to 5V) and current range (100 pA to 10 mA) with a high resolution and low noise. A complete laboratory instrument but its compact and rugged design makes it also ideal for field work.
Main specifications for the controlled potential mode (potentiostat):
|dc-potential range||± 5.000 V|
|compliance voltage||± 8.0V|
|dc-potential resolution||0.15 mV|
|max. dc offset error||2 mV|
|dc accuracy||≤ 0.2 %|
|current ranges||100 pA to 10 mA (9 ranges)|
|maximum current||± 30 mA (typical)|
|current resolution||0.01% of current range|
≤ 5 % at 100 pA
≤ 1 % at 1 nA
≤ 0.5 % at 10 nA and 10 mA
≤ 0.2 % at 100 nA to 1 mA
all with additional 0.2 % offset error
|max. acquisition rate||200,000 pnts/s|
The current is measured using a zero resistance ammeter (ZRA).
Controlled current mode (galvanostat):
|current ranges||1 uA to 10 mA|
|dc-current range||± 3.000 times the selected current range|
|dc-current resolution||0.01 % of selected current range|
|max. dc-offset error||≤ 0.2 %|
|current accuracy||≤ 0.4 %|
|max. output voltage||± 8 V|
|frequency range||100 µHz to 50 kHz|
|ac-amplitude range||0.1 mV to 0.3 V (rms)|
|electrometer amplifier input||> 100 Gohm // 4 pF|
|rise time||programmable from min. 0.5 μs|
Analog: 1 input and 1 output channel (0 V – 3 V)
Digital: 1 input and 4 output lines (3.3V)
|power||USB or internal Li-ion battery|
Main extensions for PalmSens3:
- Multiplexer for using up to 8 or 16 cells with one potentiostat
- Bluetooth extension for wireless connection to PC or Android device
- Pt1000 temperature sensor.
- Magnetic stirrer for stripping analysis applications.
- USB galvanic isolator for floating measurements.
- Differential Electrometer Amplifier (DEA) for use as floating voltage amplifier with differential input and single output for measuring an auxiliary signal between -5 to +5 V or -10 to +10 V.
- BiPot module for use when the sensor or electrochemical cell has two working electrodes. The methods amperometric detection, linear sweep and cyclic voltammetry can be applied in order to measure the current of WE1 and WE2 simultaneously. The BiPot module is available in two modes:
1. The potential of WE2 is kept at a constant value throughout the measurement.
2. The WE2 scans at a fixed potential offset
Click here to see all PalmSens3 compatible extensions and accessories.