Multiplexer for 8 cells
- Automatically switch between electrochemical cells
- Easy stacking with magnetic feed and top
- 4 different electrode or sensor configurations
- Daisy chain multiplexers, up to 128 channels!
The PalmSens series and EmStat Blue can be used to work with multiple working electrodes or a sensor array by means of a multiplexer. The multiplexer switches between the working electrodes in the range of milliseconds. There are two versions of the multiplexer available.
MUX8-R2 multiplexer: enables to work with up to eight 2- or 3- electrode systems.
The MUX8-R2 is the successor of our popular MUX8. The design has been revised and improved leading to several new features.
- improved performance for OCP measurement
- reduced charge injection by switching
- all hardware settings are controlled by the software making it unnecessary to flick a physical switch
- allows to be used with the new 4-in-1 cell cables (easier and better connections), i.e. MUX8 Connection Terminal is not needed
- allows to connect auxiliary input (like temperature sensor)
- LEDs to show which channel is selected
- daisy chaining multiple MUX8-R2 boards (expansion up to 128 channels)
The most selected connection option uses two double shielded D-Sub cables ending in 2 mm banana plugs. As alternatives we can provide a PCB with screw terminals, D-Sub cable ending in ferrules or Screen Printed Electrode Adapter. Each of these cables can be connected to 4 channels, if all 8 channels are used, two cables are needed.